- drake hit on nicki minaj and claimed he fell in love with her when they first met and invited her to get food with him and later on in the day he showed up at her door with food she took it and slammed the door in his face
- nicki minaj called out steven tyler for making a racist comment and wouldn’t let it go until he publicly apologized to her
- nicki minaj makes sure that when her younger relatives listen to her music that they listen to the clean version
- when eminem used a homophobic slur in her song she was incredibly uncomfortable about it and spoke to several people in her music team about what she should do about it
- she literally tried to give her fans instructions on how to make brownies on twitter
- I REALLY LOVE NICKI MINAJ
can i also just
- she called out perez hilton, who put on his blog “that she told rihanna to sit her ass down” and she responded with “I AM SICK OF THE SHIT YOU PUT UP! DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THE SHIT YOU POST?”
- when nicki minaj performed her first show the stage wasn’t lightning properly and after the show she yelled at her team and the first thing that came out was “MY FANS STAYED OUT FROM 7 PM TO 1 AM TO SEE ME, THEY DON’T DESERVE THIS”
- one time after a show the crowd was so loud after a performance she went back out and performed in her robe
- she put bacon in the microwave
- even though lil wayne told her not to she bought him a brand new motorcycle with his name engraved on it
- after the American idol q&a she stayed afterwards to talk to her fans and even pushed her security guard out of the way so she can get closer
- when asked if she could donate to a can food drive she said no she couldn’t because she didn’t have any cans, but she felt so bad she donated $15,000
- this face:
- She called out sexism in the music industry while putting on her eyeliner perfectly.
- Her song “I’m the best”
- She speaks her mind and doesn’t back down.
- She is adamant about the fact that femininity doesn’t have only one definition and that femininity is powerful.
You can like or dislike her music as you see fit, but she’s an awesome person who owns her self image, and that is cool as hell.
Abercrombie and Fitch has decided that anyone over a size 10 jean isn’t sexy enough for their clothing line, and doesn’t want them shopping in their stores and sullying their clothes. They decided to only hire good looking people so that only good looking people will come into their store.
“It’s almost everything. That’s why we hire good-looking people in our stores. Because good-looking people attract other good-looking people, and we want to market to cool, good-looking people. We don’t market to anyone other than that,”
That is an actual quote from their CEO Mike Jeffries.
I know I don’t have a lot of followers but this is something that isn’t right. They’re excluding people from being able to buy their clothes and they make it seem like it isn’t okay for people to be slightly chubbier or bigger than the average “cool kid” to own their clothes. This is something that shouldn’t be allowed to happen.
I’ve seen tumblr do some amazing things, and this place would be even more amazing to me if we were somehow able to show the douchebag who runs this company that his elitist, skinny-people only attitude ISN’T okay, and that we won’t stand for it.
Another quote from the article by Jeffries:
“In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids. Candidly, we go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don’t belong [in our clothes], and they can’t belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely.”
And according to the source, Abercrombie & Fitch has no problem selling XL and XXL clothing to MEN. So this isn’t just body-shaming and dismissal of overweight people in general, but OVERWEIGHT WOMEN SPECIFICALLY, who are by Jeffries’ SUPREME judgment objectively incapable of being cool or attractive.
Well they attempted to rectify why they sell XL and XXL to men is because of larger athletic males. So they are still excluding overweight men, but more specifically women.
I went in that store once with a friend and although I range from a size 7-9 or M-L in womens clothing everything was too small for me still. Because I was not a stick, not that sticks are bad.
To top off my rant I would like to let CEO MIke Jeffrey’s know that just because someone fits into your brand doesn’t make them “cool” or necessarily apart of your brand. There are plenty of larger people out there who are cool and plenty of skinny people who are lonely or jerks or what have you. You’re just catering to a body type and excluding another so don’t try to cover it up. Also hiring someone based on looks alone will only give you a high employee turn around because looks aren’t everything not to mention its very frowned upon. I mean that woman may not be the most beautiful but is is extremely qualified for a position while another candidate may be chosen because he looks better even though less qualified. Not right and a very good way for a business to tank. And you Mr. CEO are not so “cool” looking yourself.
You know you had a Catholic upbringing when somebody says “May the force be with you” and your instant reaction is to reply with “And also with you”.
Lift up your lightsabers.
We lift them up to the lord.
Let us give thanks to the Force our guide.
It is right to give the Force thanks and praise.
A reading from the Book of Yoda.
So I really wanted to take up and start roller derby. But it just doesn’t look like it’s going to happen at all at this point. Work just got 10xs more confusing because we had some really important people quit and I just have no idea what is going on. So I have to pick up so many more hours until we can find new people to fill those shoes. So time is a huge factor, because I don’t want the sport to consume me, but I really do want to be active somehow and skating just seems to be the only thing I enjoy. So I’ll try again next time maybe, but I will try again one day.
Money is also a smaller factor I just don’t have the room in my wallet right now to spend the extra money either.
I’ll do roller derby one day in the future, but it just doesn’t look like it’s in the cards for me right now. I need to train and get my endurance up anyway. I’m just really bummed about a lot right now and a lot more than just Roller Derby because that is just the tiny tip of the iceberg that is bothering me right now. There are a couple other things that make up the bottom half.
Now is it a really big iceberg? No. It’s not terribly huge, but it’s just that these are important things to me, my job, my relationship, and my own personal enjoyment. And right now all of those things seem to be teetering in a direction that I really didn’t want / don’t want to see them go in.